Shabby Chic Winter - Warmin Winter Wishes
Create a beautiful wintery card using the Shabby Chic Winter cd orthe papers from Issue 17 of our Inspiration Magazine. You can also buy these papers as a Digi Paper Kit from the Printable Papers section.
Design Sheet from Shabby Chic Winter cd
Backing Paper from Shabby Chic Winter cd
Glue or double sided tape
What You Need to Do
1. Print a design sheet from the cd directly onto card. If your printer won’t take card print onto paper then back onto card to give support. Print a backing paper from the cd too.
2. Score and fold the A4 card in half to make an A5 card blank.
3. We will be working with the card portrait, (with the fold down the left).
4. Cut out the elements from the design sheet. Position the main topper on the card and put a pencil mark above near the fold. From this mark lightly draw a line across the card 6.5cm. Cut down this mark so you have two sections. Fold the section above forwards and backwards reinforcing the fold line with a bone folder. Open the card slightly and push this section inside the card. This will create a side stepper card.
5. Using the card as a template, draw around on the back of mirror card and cut out. Attach to the front of the card. Matt backing paper slightly smaller onto the mirror card. Attach using tape or glue and leaving a small even gap around the edges.
6. Attach the topper to the front as shown with foam pads then attach a sentiment above.
7. Back snowflake embellishments onto card and cut out. Pierce a hole in the top of each one.
8. Pierce a hole at the top of the card and push craft wire through. Secure by winding the wire around a pencil to create a curl. Thread the snowflakes randomly along the wire, twisting and curling it as you go to stop the snowflakes from moving. Pierce a hole at the other end of the step and thread the wire through. Secure as before
9. Using a Quickie Glue pen and ultra fine glitter, add glitter highlights to the image and sentiment to finish.