Project of the Month July- Box of Surprises
A beautiful box with a hidden surprise!
MaterialsTemplate from cd
2 x White A4 Card
Pyramid Magic Sheet
Distress Ink (Antique Linen)
Glue or double sided tape
Quickie Glue Pen
What You Need to Do
- Print off the Treasure Box template from the cd. Transfer the markings from the template onto the card. Cut on the solid lines score on the broken.
- Cut pieces of backing paper to fit the inside of the box base attaching with double sided tape or glue. Reinforce the score lines with a bone folder. Blend distress ink around the corners using a blending block and small circular motions.
- Back the pyramid topper sheet onto card to give extra support. Cut out and make up using foam pads. Make a stand by cutting a piece of card 2cm x 22cm. Score at 8cm, 16cm and 19.5cm. Make into a triangle overlapping the ends and securing. Attach to the inside of the base and then attach the topper so that it stands inside the box.
- Make up the box lid securing the corner tabs with strong tape or glue. Cut strips of mirror card to fit along the outside sections of the box and the top. Cut backing paper slightly smaller and matt on top of each piece. Matt a topper and a sentiment onto mirror card. Cut out following the shape and leaving a small even gap around the edges. Add to the lid with foam pads.
- Place memorabilia such as letters, ticket stubs or photographs inside the box.
- To display, stand the base inside the lid at an angle.
Reasons to Shop at Debbi Moore?
- Safe Ordering through Sagepay
- Secure Delivery with our trusted couriers
- Guaranteed Quality art and craft products